Stayed 15.07.2012 (1 day)
Booked through Rakuten Travel
- Located in Noboribetsu hot spring town, a stone throw away from Noboribetsu Onsen bus terminal.
- Mode of transportation from Noboribetsu JR Station:
(1) Taxi: Approx 13 mins; fee = ~2,500 yen. Recommended if you are carrying large luggage and travelling in groups.
(2) Bus: take either Bus NC or ND and alight at Noboribetsu Onsen (N11). Bus NA and NB drop by Date Jidaimura (时代村) before going to Noboribetsu Onsen. Approx. 20 mins; fee = 330 yen.
- Booked a twin room for 27,000 yen, inclusive of 2 buffet style meals (dinner and breakfast). If you prefer non-smoking rooms, do remember to state your preference during hotel reservations.
- Hotel offers three different types of hot springs (out of the 9 available in Noboribetsu) - sulphur, sodium chloride and iron. There are two separate communal bathhouses for men and women. Each communal bathhouse has an indoor and an outdoor section and the designs are unique for each bathhouse. All bathhouses are closed between 0230 - 0330 hours in preparation for the alternate usage. Therefore, it is recommended to do your first soak upon check-in and another one in the morning, in order to fully utilise both facilities.
Note: you will need to pay a bathing fee of 150 yen per person upon checking out, regardless whether you use the communal bathroom facilities or not. This fee is typically not included in hotel room charges.
- Main shopping street, Gokuraku dori (极乐通商店街) is just 2 mins walk from the hotel. Another 10 - 15 mins walk to reach Jigokudani (Hell Valley, 地狱谷).
- Direct bus service (at a nominal fee) ferrying guests from Sapporo to the hotel is also available. However, reservation is required if you intend to use this service.
Recognition: Featured in Michelin Guide Hokkaido 2012.
Noboribetsu Grand Hotel 登別グランドホテル
〒059-0592 北海道 登別市 登別温泉町154番地
View Larger Map