Sunday, August 5, 2018

Japan Autumn Nov 2017 一人で日本の旅 - Patisserie Que Sera Sera パティスリー・ケセラセラ

Visited 12.11.2017 (Sun)


Sweet tooth. Just before I headed back to Izukyu Shimoda Station 伊豆急下田駅 after visiting Perry Road, I decided to make a detour to Patisserie Que Sera Sera to enjoy some sweets. My original plan was to fulfill my sweets cravings in one of the retro cafes lined along Perry Road ペリーロード however, the menu from several shops did not appeal to me. My last hope was Patisserie Que Sera Sera, housed in a stand-alone, modern looking and white washed building and located about 4 minutes walk away from the train station. The patisserie has also allocated a section, operating it as a cafe, for dine in customers to enjoy their sweets, accompanied with drinks here. The patisserie with a touch of European flair (Que Sera Sera means Whatever Will Be, Will Be) is opened by a couple who has previously worked in the well known sweets shop, Mont St. Clair モンサンクレール, located in the chic district of Jiyugaoka in Tokyo. 


Limited period apple pie. Was already spoilt for choice by all the delicious line up of cakes in the display fridge. As I stood in front of the display fridge and could not make up my mind what to order (for quite a while), the staff directed my attention to a basket with two pieces of apple pies left and recommended me to give it a try. Initially I was unconvinced that the apple pie was a better option than the rest of delectable array of cakes but eventually gave in to the suggestion. I have to say this is one of the best apple pie I have eaten; even has as an edge over the ones I have savoured in Hirosaki on a previous trip (a city in Aomori Prefecture which is famous for apple pies). The flavours of the apple pie itself was already very well balanced; and it was further elevated by a scoop of vanilla ice cream placed on top of it. Utilising apples harvested from Aomori, the highest producing prefecture in Japan, I later found out that their apple pie is actually the most popular item in Que Sera Sera and is only available for sale between September and May. Would highly recommend to give this legendary apple pie a try if your visit to the patisserie falls within this limited period of time!

One of the best apple pies I have eaten!

Bought this Shimoda Tea Castella cake just before I left the shop. Like the cake as well - not too dense in texture and is infused with fragrant tea flavour. 
======

Patisserie Que Sera Sera パティスリー・ケセラセラ
下田市敷根3-40
Operating hours: 1000 - 1900 hrs; closed on Tuesdays
https://www.facebook.com/p.queserasera/

How to get there?

(1) By foot. Approx 4 mins walk from Izukyu Shimoda Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment